We’re conducting an experiment over at WebJunction. And you can help us discover the answers. It’s called the Learn Together Project.
The challenge: can we take a self-paced, online, non-library-specific course and give it meaningful, social engagement with library context?
The course: The Customer’s Voice, a course in improving our anticipation and satisfaction of customers’ (patrons’) expectations
- We (WJ) create a group as a virtual classroom.
- We invite people in the library world to join the group and sign up for the same course at the same time. (This is where you come in.)
- We have a live-online kickoff meeting to get the learning juices flowing.
- We proceed independently through the course.
- We share our insights and comments in the discussions, and share library-relevant resources with the group.
- We feel increased motivation and energy to learn and to apply our new knowledge to improve customer service on the job.
- We learn together.