- Learning architect: helps students to build learning networks
- Modeler: provides guidance when students get stuck
- Learning concierge: helps students with communication etiquette and how and where to ask for information
- Connected learning incubator: provides guidance on how to vet resources and identify quality information
- Network sherpa: organizes the mountains of information
- Synthesizer: helps students navigate beyond the course and develop real knowledge for their futures
- Change agent: helps students to “creatively solve the world’s problems”
These are good roles to consider in terms of “training” (outmoded term) library staff, but don’t you think all of these roles could apply to librarians and their patrons of all ages?